Carrots are a good source of vitamin C, vitamin B6, folate, iron, potassium. vitamin A, vitamin K and a very good source of dietary fiber.
Buy the regular carrots instead of baby carrots. They are more flavorful and are more versatile. Here are ways to incorporate them into your diet.
- Cook in a slow cooker with chicken or beef
- Roast in the oven with other vegetables
- Use them in veggie or chicken stir-fry
- Saute in butter and honey for a nice caramelized glaze
- Shred them and use in salads
- Peel and cut into sticks and use them as a snack with dip
- Make carrot cake
- Make carrot bread or muffins
- Make chicken soup and add big carrot rounds
- Make chicken or veggie pot pie. Do you really need chicken? Use broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, onions and cheese.