1 1/2 cups dry white wine
1 pound colby cheese shredded
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
pinch ground nutmeg
3 tablespoons corn starch
3 tablespoons water
- Bring wine to a simmer in medium-size, non-aluminum saucepan over medium heat
- Add cheese, stirring until melted, mixture will not be smooth
- Stir in garlic powder, salt, black pepper, cayenne and nutmeg
- Stir together the cornstarch and water in a small bowl until smooth
- Stir into the wine-cheese mixture
- Simmer over low heat until thickened and smooth about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately in a fondue pot with bread chunks, granny smith apple slices, salami chunks and steamed cauliflower.