After this delightful experience, I will never buy cooked shrimp cocktail again. Thanks, Mike!
I buy my shrimp at Joe’s Butcher Shop. He cleans them perfectly! Order right through his website! www.joesbutchershop.com
Note: Follow this very precisely.
2 lbs ( 16-21 count raw shrimp)
McCormick’s shrimp and crab boil
1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Fill pot with 2 quarts water
- Drop 1 spice bag in pot and lemon juice
- Bring to a boil, as soon as it boils drop in shrimp
- As soon as it boils again, cook 30 seconds
- Fill strainer with ice
- Pour shrimp into strainer over ice, stir around shrimp in ice
- Do not let sit in water or ice long, the key is to make sure they are crisp, not soggy
- Chill for up to 2 hours in the refrigerator
Serve with homemade cocktail sauce or if in a hurry, Heinz spicy cocktail sauce is tasty.