light olive oil
4 tablespoons fresh or Rose’s lime juice
finely chopped, seeded, fresh jalapeno peppers (optional)
2 packages trimmed and thin chicken breasts
cayenne pepper, pepper and garlic salt mixture
2 orange peppers, sliced thin
2 yellow peppers, sliced thin
1 large Spanish onion, sliced thin
large flour tortillas ( burrito size)
sour cream (optional)
Franks Red Hot (optional)
- Heat oil in large, heavy skillet
- Season and place chicken in the pan on medium high heat. Add lime juice (pour in to preference, about 2 to 3 tablespoons)
- Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in foil. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Add cut onions and peppers. Add more lime juice and seasoning.
- Cook until onions and peppers are slightly caramelized and chicken is cooked through and browned.
To serve,cut chicken into smaller pieces, add peppers, onions, jalapenos, sour cream and Frank’s Red Hot. Makes 4 burritos
Serve with Spanish rice or avocado and Mandarin oranges.
A Jackie O’ Recipe