This is a GREAT dish!
1.5 cups good Marsala wine (not cooking Marsala, buy the sweet)
1.5 pounds turkey or chicken tenderloins
1/2 cup plus 4 tablespoons flour
6 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon oil
1 cup chicken stock
kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 200. Warm serving platter in oven, while oven preheats.
- Wash poultry, pat dry.
- Pound chicken into thin cutlets
- Dredge turkey or chicken in 1/2 cup flour to coat. Shake off excess flour. Set cutlets aside.
- In large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter with oil. Add cutlets and saute until golden brown (and done). Remove to warm platter in oven.
- Pour 1.5 cups of Marsala into skillet, simmer for 2 minutes, scraping poultry drippings. Pour Marsala and drippings into a bowl and reserve.
- Melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter in skillet over medium high. Stir in 4 tablespoons flour and cook until golden brown.
- Add chicken stock and Marsala mixture, whisking constantly until sauce is smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add sauce to turkey
Serve with asparagus or green beans and mashed potatoes, or angel hair pasta.
This recipe has been adjusted by Jackie O