2 chicken breasts on the bone
romaine, leaf or artisan lettuce (chopped)
shredded cheddar cheese
sliced almonds or chopped pecans
4 or 5 green onions
2 stalks of celery or 1 medium peeled, chopped apple
poppy seeds (optional)
- Boil chicken on medium until done
- Cool chicken, peel off meat from the bone and cut into chunks
- Chop green onions and apples or celery
- Mix chicken, mayo (to taste, add slowly so it is not soupy, keep stirring and testing), celery or apples, nuts, cheese and green onions
- Arrange mixture onto a plate with chopped romaine lettuce
- Sprinkle with poppy seeds
Chicken is more moist and has better flavor if bought on the bone.
Serve with corn bread, croissants or hard rolls and red grapes or melon.
A Jackie O Recipe