This is my mother-in-law’s recipe.
1 whole chicken cut up (bone in)
Lawry’s season salt
- Heat oven to 325
- Wash chicken
- Season chicken with Lawry’s
- Season flour with Lawry’s salt and celery salt
- Shake seasoned flour in paper or plastic bag
- Shake each chicken piece in flour mixture
- Heat Crisco in skillet.
- Brown chicken in Crisco on each side
- Place in baking pan, cook for 45 minutes or until chicken is done
Serve with mashed potatoes and asparagus or corn on the cob and fresh tomatoes.