This is easy, elegant and delicious! It looks pretty, too.
One whole chicken
1 lemon, sliced
6 or 7 shallots, chopped
2 teaspoons Tony Chachere’s seasoning
1/2 cup Chardonnay (brandy or any dry white wine will do)
2 tablespoons butter
- Place chicken in a roasting dish, preheat oven to 350 degrees ( I like a more tender, juicier chicken, if you prefer a chewier meat and a little crispier, roast in a 400 degree oven).
- Add seasoning all over chicken and underneath skin and let chicken rest in refrigerator for one hour
- Place shallots all over the chicken
- Place slices of lemon all over the chicken and some inside
- Place the butter on top of chicken
- Place breast up in the oven in roasting dish or baking dish
- After 1 hour of roasting, add the wine
- Bake for about 1.5-2 hours or until chicken is done. Temperature should be 165 degrees.