3/4 cup Hershey’s natural unsweetened cocoa powder
1.5 cups flour
1.5 cups sugar
1.5 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup hot water
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup Ghirardelli classic white chips
Hershey’s chocolate syrup
Buttercream Frosting (compliments of Southern Living)
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 (16 oz.) package powdered sugar
3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with baking cups (18-20).
- Mix flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt with a standing mixer or hand mixer. Beat on low until combined.
- Raise speed to medium and add eggs, milk, water, butter and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Stir in chips carefully
- Divide batter between cups and fill about 2/3 full. Bake 20-22 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely. Frost with a pastry bag. Swirl chocolate syrup on top and add a cherry.
- Beat first three ingredients won medium
- Gradually add powdered sugar and milk, beating on low speed