These are outstanding.
2.5 cups unbleached all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 lb. or 2 sticks butter
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
2/3 cup honey
1/2 cup extra crunchy peanut butter
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 cup roasted salted peanuts, plus 1/2 cup for later
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 jar of marshmallow cream
2 bananas sliced thin
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Place peanuts in food processor and pulse until they look like bread crumbs
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, add butter and beat until creamy. Add sugar and honey and beat until fluffy about 3 minutes.
- Beat in peanut butter, eggs and vanilla
- Add flour mixture and beat on low until fully incorporated
- Fold in 1 cup ground peanuts
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and drop dough onto baking sheet. They should be a little bigger since they will be sandwich treats.
- With the back of a wet fork, make a crisscross on each cookie
- Bake for about 15-16 minutes
- Cool on baking sheet for about 4 minutes and then move to cooling rack
- In an electric mixer bowl, add whipping cream, sugar and vanilla. Beat almost until it gets hard peaks. Add marshmallow cream. Continue to beat until hard peaks form.
- Place thin slices of bananas on the reverse side of a cookie and then add cream mixture
- Place another cookie on top and then roll cookie sides in crushed nuts
A Jackie O’ Recipe
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-15266595-2']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);