This is a great sweet bread for the fall.
1 cup flour
3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
1.5 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/8 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup brown sugar
a little less than 1/4 cup sugar
1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
1/2 cup pecan chips
1 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease loaf pan.
- Stir flours, spices, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- In another bowl with a mixer, beat eggs. Beat in brown sugar and sugar on medium for about one minute. Add sour cream, vanilla and oil. Beat until well combined. Add flour mixture and pumpkin. Mix until combined. Stir in nuts.
- Spread batter into pan. Mix ingredients for topping and add to the top of the bread. Bake for an hour and 10 minutes. Just keep checking with a toothpick. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Mix water and brown sugar for caramel sauce. Mix on medium to high heat until it boils, stir constantly. Add butter and salt, stir. Remove from heat. Stir an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Drizzle caramel over the top. Serve.