I’ve never been a fan of creamy potato salad until this recipe. This comes from my mother in law’s recipe box. She used poppy seeds or celery seeds.
red skin potatoes, the smaller the better and close in size
Marzetti coleslaw dressing
3 hard boiled eggs
** This is the part that varies** Two ingredients make this crunchy. I do not prefer all that crunch, so use either or.
Either celery (2-3 stalks) or 1 Vidalia onion, chopped.
If using celery, use onion powder and poppy seeds.
If using onion use celery seeds (preferred method, but if Vidalias are not available, go the celery route)
- Add potatoes to a stock pot, do not crowd them and salt the water liberally
- When potatoes start to boil, let them boil for no more than 20 minutes. If potatoes are very small, check after 15 minutes. Potatoes should be tender in the middle but not mushy on the outside. This is the number one challenge.
- After they are cooked, strain and peel the skins off. They will be hot, but they need to be peeled sooner than later.
- Chop in small chunks to your preference, along with the eggs, onion or celery
- Add a couple heaping large spoonfuls of mayo and one heaping spoonful of Marzetti coleslaw dressing
- Add celery seed or poppy seeds and salt
- Let sit in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Add a little more Marzetti and more mayo to taste, at your preference.
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-15266595-2']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);