This is delicious for any time of year. In the summer, enjoy with grilled chicken. In the colder months, enjoy with a side of risotto!
** Recipe is for 2 servings**
8 fresh beets
2 heads of endive
1 cup cashews or pecans
light olive oil
red wine vinegar
- Scrub beets, and preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line baking sheet with foil, add beets to sheet and sprinkle with olive oil and salt. Cover beets with another sheet of foil.
- Bake beets for about and hour and a half, keep checking
- Spray oil in a pan. Add cashews or pecans and about 2 tablespoons of sugar. Cook on low until candied.
- Wash and chop or tear lettuces. Chop onion into rings.
- After beets are roasted, let them cool for about a half hour and peel off skin
- Chop beets
- Add Boston lettuce to plates, add chopped endive, onion, beets, cashews and feta
- Add dressing
1/2 cup good light olive oil
1/8 cup red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Whisk ingredients together