6 cups low-salt chicken or vegetable broth
3 1/2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
6 green onions, chopped
2 cups arborio rice
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 cup freshly grated havarti cheese
1 cup crab (from cooked crab legs or premium white crab from the can)
1/2 cup bread crumbs (optional)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Zest of one lemon (grated)
- Bring broth to simmer in large sauce pan over medium heat. Reduce heat to low; cover to keep warm.
- Melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter with oil in heavy, large sauce pan over medium heat. Add rice; stir 1 minute. Add wine and stir until evaporated, about 30 seconds.
- Add 1 1/2 cups hot broth; simmer until absorbed, stirring frequently. Add remaining broth 1/2 cup at a time, allowing broth to be absorbed before adding more and stirring frequently until rice is creamy and tender, about 35 minutes.
- Stir in crab and cheese and remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in parsley, green onions, bread crumbs, lemon juice and lemon peel.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Serve with acorn squash, Italian bread and olive oil- dipping oil
A Jackie O Recipe