1 shallot peeled and finely minced
8 tablespoons or 1 stick unsalted butter
1 tablespoon flour
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 lb. lump crab meat
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 limes cut up
Frank’s Red Hot
- Saute shallot in 1 tablespoon butter
- In large bowl, mix ingredients and shallots (except the rest of the butter and limes). Do not overstir.
- In large frying pan heat butter until foamy
- Form crab meat mixture into small patties, fry until brown, about 4 minutes on each side
- Squeeze 2 limes over the tops of patties
- Add Frank’s Red Hot to the top of patties
- use other limes to serve
Serve with corn on the cob or roasted potatoes and fresh greens.
This is a Martha Stewart recipe which I adjusted.