My grandmother loved to make salmon patties. My version is similar to a crab cake, only with salmon. Enjoy! Serves 2.
1 small can pink boneless, skinless salmon
1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
green leaf lettuce
Serve with your favorite vinaigrette dressing.
- Mix salmon, egg, breadcrumbs and dill
- Add canola or vegetable oil to a frying pan
- Form 2 salmon cakes into patties (add more bread crumbs if needed)
- Fry on each side until crispy, squeeze 1/2 lemon onto each side of cakes while frying
- Tear lettuce, chop onion, add cranberries, pine nuts and salmon on top
- Mix dressing and add to salad