This is very flavorful and great for all seasons. Pair with your favorite white wine.
Serves 2. If you are serving more, double the recipe.
10 large sea scallops
3 shallots chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/3 cup brandy
2 cups broccoli, chopped
fresh ground pepper
1.5 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped
almond slices (optional)
2 tablespoons olive oil
- pat scallops dry and season with salt and pepper
- heat 1 tablespoon oil in skillet, medium high
- add scallops and cook for 3 minutes on each side, they should have a brown crust, while cooking add dill and zest of one lemon. Remove from pan.
- Add one tablespoon oil to pan with garlic, shallots and broccoli. Turn heat to medium high and stir fry for 3-4 minutes. Add juice of half a lemon and brandy. Turn heat back to high and stir fry another 2-3 minutes.
- turn off heat and add scallops to pan
- serve over rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds and almonds