You will love this! Very comforting after a long day.
1/2 box elbow macaroni
1/4 cup butter
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups milk
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, melted
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
a couple grinds of fresh pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 cup Panko
- Boil macaroni until al dente
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a large skillet or saucepan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter and the flour. Cook for 1 minute stirring.
- Mix honey into melted cream cheese
- Add milk, cream cheese mixture, cayenne, salt and pepper to pan. Stir until the sauce thickens.
- Add cooked macaroni and cheddar. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour into a 2 quart casserole dish
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter to saucepan. After it is melted, turn off the heat and mix in Panko.
- Spread breadcrumbs on top of casserole. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
A Jackie O’ Recipe