Fresh and light with a richness from the goat cheese. Makes 4 crepes.
1 bunch broccolini
1- 8 oz. package of sliced white mushrooms
1 tablespoon dry white wine
zest of 1 lemon
1 shallot, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh tarragon
2 large eggs
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup water
3 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup flour less 2 tablespoons
finely chopped parsley
- Add milk, water, eggs, oil and salt to a mixing bowl and stir
- Add flour and mix together
- Using a 6-8 inch crepe pan OR a non stick medium sized skillet ( cast iron is also fine), brush with thin coat of oil
- Pour crepe batter and swirl into pan so it stretches out and fills the pan ( it should not look thick)
- Cook for about 1 minute and the flip and cook for 30 more seconds
- set crepes aside, if desired keep in warm iron
- Add canola oil to another skillet over medium heat, add shallots and saute for about a minute. Do not brown.
- Add mushrooms and saute until soft and brown, add broccolini, lemon zest, tarragon, white pepper and salt. Saute until broccolini is a little softer and brighter green.
- Add the wine and turn heat to high briefly and turn down to medium low
- Spread goat cheese in the middle of each crepe, add filling and roll up, or just fold in half
Serve with a nice cup of soup or fresh fruit. Let’s keep it vegetarian.
A Jackie O’ Recipe
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-15266595-2']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);