Serve this hearty dinner with a salad and asparagus.
1/2 box rotini
1/2 box radiatori
2 large containers of white, button mushrooms
2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley
1.5 cups good Marsala wine (not cooking Marsala, buy the sweet)
4 tablespoons flour
8 tablespoons butter
1 cup chicken stock
kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Boil pasta (each pasta in different pans). The radiatore might be finished quicker. Cook until al dente. Salt pasta water and add olive oil.
- Clean and slice mushrooms into thin slices
- Chop shallots and parsley
- Add 4 tablespoons butter to a large skillet. Saute mushrooms and shallots, add salt and pepper.
- After mushrooms are brown, remove from pan and place in a bowl.
- Pour Marsala into pan and heat for 2 minutes, after heated pour into a bowl.
- Heat 4 tablespoons butter and mix with 4 tablespoons flour. Add chicken stock, whisk.
- Add Marsala and black pepper. whisk and keep on medium low.
- Drain pasta. Add mushrooms, shallots and parsley. Mix in Marsala sauce.
I recommend not substituting other pastas. The heavier, dense pasta work best with this heavy sauce.