Great recipe for a crowd any time of year!
4 lg. baking potatoes
1/2 c. butter
1/2 lb. grated cheddar cheese (I use sharp)
1/2 c. chopped parsley (use fresh)
1/2 c. chopped onions
salt & pepper
1/2 tbsp. paprika
2 1/2 c. milk
seasoned Italian bread crumbs
- Peel potatoes and slice very thin
- Rinse and drain.
- In a baking dish, butter well to keep from sticking and place a layer of potatoes in dish.
- Dot with butter and sprinkle with cheese, onions, parsley, salt, pepper, paprika and bread crumbs. (go light on the salt)
- Repeat layers until all potatoes and cheese are used (cheese being the top layer).
- Pour milk to cover potatoes.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees, baking approximately 1 1/2 hours. (Yes it really takes that long)