A great summer casserole. Make it the best with fresh, local tomatoes. Serve with a leafy salad with chick peas and cucumbers.This is even better the next day.
3-4 large fresh summer tomatoes (Heirloom preferred)
5-6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
2 cups uncooked brown rice
2 cloves garlic, chopped
fresh ground pepper
15-16 ounces Ricotta cheese
grated Parmesan cheese
white balsamic vinegar
- Cook brown rice as directed on package.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Slice tomatoes, blot off
- Add rice to bottom of medium sized baking dish. Layer, tomatoes, olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and garlic.Layer Ricotta, oregano and basil. Layer one more time. Top layer should be Ricotta.
- Add fresh grated Parmesan to the top of casserole, covering completely
- Add Panko on top of Parmesan, drizzle with olive oil
- Bake for 40 minutes
A Jackie O Recipe