A rich, hearty, nutritious dinner. Perfect for January or February.
1 large butternut squash (cooked in microwave for 30 minutes)
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
1 head of broccoli, cut into small pieces (crowns only)
1 small head of cauliflower, cut into small pieces
4 tablespoons peanut or canola oil
2 teaspoons curry powder
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 cup vegetable stock
pinch of cayenne pepper
2 garlic loves, minced
3 tablespoons honey
Sea salt or Kosher salt to taste
extra firm tofu, cut into small pieces (optional)
- Add peanut or canola oil to a large skillet
- Add onions, broccoli and cauliflower and tofu if you desire, stir fry on medium
- Grate ginger over vegetables (about 1 teaspoon or so)
- Cook until vegetables are soft, but not too soft
- Remove butternut squash from skins
- In a pot, mix mashed squash, garlic, curry, powder, vegetable stock, peanut butter, coconut milk, honey, cayenne pepper and salt
- Heat through on medium. Turn down heat slightly.
- Serve vegetables over rice or couscous and add sauce.
A Jackie O’ Recipe